The Bridge Group is an equal opportunities employer and service provider.
The Bridge Group will ensure that we do not discriminate unlawfully against anyone, or treat anyone unfairly, on grounds of gender, racial group, disability, sexual orientation, religion, age or marital status.
The Bridge Group treat all allegations of discrimination and harassment against its staff or against others very seriously and strives to maintain a working environment that is free from harassment and oppressive behaviour.
Statement of Policy:
- It is the policy of The Bridge Group to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, race, marital status, disability, ages, part-time or fixed term contract status, sexual orientation or religion, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements that cannot be shown to be justifiable. The organisation is committed not only to the legal obligations but also to the positive promotion of equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment.
- The organisation recognises that adhering to the Equal Opportunities Policy, combined with relevant employment policies and practices, maximises the effective use of individuals in both the organisation and employees best interests. The Bridge Group recognises the great benefit of having a diverse workforce with different backgrounds, solely employed on ability.
- The application of recruitment, training and promotion policies to all individuals will be on the basis of job requirements and the individuals’ ability and merit.
- All employees of the organisation will be made aware of the provisions of this policy
Recruitment and promotion:
- Advertisements for posts will give sufficiently clear and accurate information to enable potential applicants to assess their own suitability for the post. Information about vacant posts will be provided in such a manner that does not restrict its audience in terms of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, part-time or fixed term contract status, sexual orientation or religion.
- Recruitment literature will not imply a preference for one group of applicants unless there is a genuine occupational qualification which limits the post to this particular group. In which case, this must be clearly stated.
- All vacancies will be circulated internally.
- All descriptions and specifications for posts will include requirements that are necessary and justifiable for the effective performance of the job.
- All selection will be through and conducted against, defined criteria and will deal only with the applicants’ suitability for the job. Where it is necessary to ask questions relating to personal circumstances, these will be related purely to the job requirements and asked of all candidates.
- The Bridge Group will not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, part-time or fixed term contract status, sexual orientation or religion in the allocation of duties between employees employed at any level with comparable job descriptions.
- The Bridge Group will put in place any reasonable measures and/or adjustments within the workplace for those employees who become disabled during employment or for disabled appointees.
- All employees will be considered solely on their merits for career development and promotion with equal opportunities for all.
- Employees will be provided with appropriate training regardless of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, part-time or fixed term contract status, sexual orientation or religion.
- All employees will be encouraged to discuss their career prospects and training needs with their Line Manager or the HR Department.
Grievances and Victimisation
- The Bridge Group emphasises that discrimination is unacceptable conduct which may lead to disciplinary action under the organisations disciplinary procedure.
- Any complaints of discrimination will be pursued through the organisations grievance procedure