Since 2013, Bridge Biotechnology have worked in collaboration with Portsmouth Aviation and the University of the West of England to develop a compact and portable water purification system capable of delivering clean drinking water at source.
These portable water systems take dirty water, pass it through a series of filtration and disinfection stages resulting in clean, safe drinking water.
Our biocide, ESOL electrolysed water, is a key component at the stage of disinfection, and serves two purposes:
- To keep the ultra filtration membrane completely free from bio fouling
- To disinfect the final water product and provide a residual kill protecting the water from recolonization of pathogens after disinfection
The stages of water filtration and disinfection
- Water is pumped through a filter that blocks large particles
- Water collects in a settling tank
- Filters remove particles larger that 100 micrometres
- On demand biocide (ESOL) cleans the next filter
- Membranes remove 99.99% of bacteria and viruses
- ESOL electrolysed water kills all remaining bacteria and viruses
- Clean drinking water is collected